Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pitch Wars and Prairie Wind

Quick update:
This past week was very exciting—my Pitch Wars entry for GHOST FARM snagged a full request (as well as a ton of positive feedback from mentors and fellow writers), and my op ed was published in the current issue of The Prairie Wind (SCBWI-IL's quarterly newsletter).

Please see my last few blog entries if you're unfamiliar with Pitch Wars. Suffice it to say, I had a great experience meeting and learning from fellow writers, and got invaluable insights on my book from my mentor Shannon Duffy. I'm happy to report GHOST FARM is better than ever.

Here's a link to the winter 2014 edition of The Prairie Wind. My op ed, on page 53, details my experience at the 2013 Annual SCBWI Winter Conference in NYC, and encourages Illinois writers to attend.

Can't WAIT to go back for this year's conference February 21-23... I'll be sure to tweet and blog about it during and after my trip.

Thanks for reading. Off to read a book...and attempt to stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got a hit, girl! Best of luck on the agent feedback. Your determination and talent are SO admirable!

    ReplyDelete