Thursday, December 5, 2013

My PitchWars Warrior Bio

Okay, I'm going to make this short and sweet. There is one very compelling accomplishment in my past that proves I will make a fabulous mentee! But first, some background for those few who aren't hip to PitchWars:

Pitch Wars is a contest where published/agented authors, editors, or interns (mentor list here) choose one writer each, read their entire manuscript, and offer suggestions to shine it up for these agents here . The mentors also critique the writer’s pitch to get it ready for the agent round. Mentors also pick two alternates each in case their writer drops out of the contest. A special alternate showcase is held on some of the mentors’ blogs and the mentors will critique the alternates’ pitches. Writers send applications (query and first 5 pages of manuscript) to the four mentors that best fit their work. The mentors then read all their applications and choose the writer they want to mentor for the next five weeks to be ready for the agent round January 22 through January 23.

I am beyond thrilled to participate this year and have already learned SO MUCH just following the mentors, fellow writers and the fabulous Brenda Drake on Twitter!

To see other mentee bios, please go to Dannie Moran's blogspot

Without further ado:

I'M DEVOTED TO ENTERTAINING YOUNG MINDS

This is a photo of me as Punxsutawney Phil singing "Total Eclipse of the Hog" (yes, this "Eclipse" song is to the same tune as the other "Eclipse" song you're thinking of). I performed this number live six times, in public, for a total of 1800 adults and kids.




For some reason, I channeled Nora Desmond in my portrayal of Phil. Not sure why. Clearly, this confused my fellow actors, as well.



I did this in a variety show fundraiser for an elementary school.

I did this for the children, people. The children.







If chosen for Pitch Wars, I PLEDGE TO BRAVELY AND WITHOUT VANITY CONSIDER AND MAKE (probably) THE EDITS MY MENTOR SUGGESTS.

I hope these photos demonstrate how brave and unvain I am.
(pretty sure "unvain" is a word)
(also, full disclosure: I loved playing Phil. I love writing, too.)




2 comments:

  1. If you only had a video clip of that, I feel sure you would be top of the list! Thanks for sharing. Good luck! I hope you get selected. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do have video, but feel sharing it may hurt my chances ;) !
      Appreciate your support!

      Delete